GUIDELINES FOR ROTARY GRANTS
1. Recipients should be charitable (501(c)(3)) or at least non-profit organizations. In general, this excludes individuals even those who find themselves in a financially needy situation, or who individually seek to do a good work. To those individuals, we request that they partner with an established charitable organization.
2. A Rotary Grant Request should be accompanied by a completed application. You will find the link to download the grant application form at the bottom of this page.
3. Each application will require a description of the organization and its project, a statement of goals and objectives of the project, the total amount needed and the amount requested from Rotary.
4. Recipients should be non-sectarian.
5. Generally, a sixty-day notice is preferred for any request.
6. Grants are not automatically repeated; an application needs to be submitted within each fiscal year for which a grant is needed. The Rotary fiscal year is July 1 to June 30.
7. Typically, Rotary is interested in supporting targeted projects that deal with: health, hunger, poverty, problems of the elderly, children, domestic abuse, education and literacy, disabilities, town beautification, and ecology.
8. Rotary welcomes the opportunity to partner with other service organizations to advance specific goals consistent with the objectives of Rotary.
9. Recipients will be expected to issue a follow-up report regarding the effect of Rotary¹s grant, to the extent feasible, that includes receipts, photographs, and the like.
10. Recipients are encouraged to acknowledge the Rotary Club of Winchester in their publicty.
11. Grant application must be emailed to the Secretary of the Rotary Club of Winchester; email address of the Secretary is listed on the grant application.
Use link below to download a Microsoft Word version of our grant application. Please TYPE your grant application and send via email to our club secretary at: Secretary@WinchesterRotary.org
(Note: We have changed out grant application approval policy, and now are on a quarterly cycle for approvals. If the need is immediate, we will of course consider it at our next monthly meeting, but for all other applications, there may be a delay before approval. You should make note at the top of your email if you require expedited approval. Thanks for your understanding!)